Hi

Chrome extension which allows you to right click on selected text and search on multiple sites at the same time.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

0.3.2 is live!

How long it's been! Sorry about that.

Last friday I published 0.3, during the weekend I was notified I broke the "Search everywhere!" option (sorry!) so I posted 0.3.1 with the fix, and then 0.3.2 rolling back some unwanted code that went out with 0.3.1. Messy. Rusty. 

But who cares! 

Here's the change log for all 3 together:

New on v 0.3.2
  - fixed Search Everywhere (broeken in 0.3)
  - new plus sign option
  - new options interface
  - major tech upgrade
  - new "open in incognito" option
  - bug fixes
  - translations to several new language
  - support for special characters in search query (including &)

So I won't go into  much detail, but explain just a few:

Main "under the hood" change affected the Options page: you'll notice some minor design changes, but the main thing is that it's now based in AngularJS & Bootstrap. Result: I'm still a messy coder but code is way better than before.
As said, I'm still mess, there's lots to improve, but this is a huuuuge improvement to the previous code.

The code refactoring allowe me to make a couple of quick improvements: 
  • you can now specify if you want a link to open in an Incognito Window. 
  • Also, some search engines prefer to separating words with the "+" sign instead of spaces. You can now specify that per Search engine.
I hope you like these changes. There's more coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment