- Manifest version 2 support: Google had us developers update the manifest version of the extension, to ensure support on future Chrome versions. This update implied that I made a few architectural changes to the extension... forces code separation, and encrypted connection to external resources is now mandatory. I had to make quire a lot of changes to the code, which mean nothing to most users... code is cleaner now, though, so in the end it's for the best... won't complain :) If you want to know more about this, you can check it out here.
For the time being, I removed the reference to the Featured Search Engines list which was on my site, because I don't have an SSL certificate there... the list is now local, so if I want o update it, I'll have to upload a new version... it sucks, but I'm not updating that list so often, so I'm not sure it's worth it... I'll also change that list component soon, so I'll review this when that comes.
- Bug fixes
- weird search link behaibour: on a past post I explained this... not much else to say but sorry, I don't really know what happened.
- default focus not working: also explained on a past post... I messed that feature last time I updated the extension and took me a while to realize. Sorry!!! ó.o
- Cleanup migration code: again, something users won't notice... there was some code to support updating from really old versions... not really needed now -I hope!-
- Localization Support: it took me a while to implement, and as of this version, only English and Spanish are supported, but from now on, I can add support for other languages... Translators are welcome! if you want the extension on your language, drop me a comment and I'll send you a file to complete it... I haven't figured out a better way to do this... If I do find a better way to do this, I'll post something here.
Chrome support for localization is great, in general, but it lacks some basic stuff... of I'm way off the mark... the Options page HTML code took me a while to set-up for translations... I had to use some tricky jQuery replacements of text/code for it to work, and am not convinced that's the best way to go... I'll have to read some more.
That's it! seems sooo much little but it was sooo much work :(
The ToDo list is huge, though... so I hope I'll get a new version up soon.